Friday, May 30, 2008

Cat in Cemetery

Last month I visited Paris,

My husband could not join me, so I planned to go with a friend, but then, an attractive translation project came along, my friend could not come and, finally, I decided to go by MYSELF.

It's a kind of VIPASANA visiting a big city by yourself; you can do whatever you want all day and choose the sights and sites that you prefer to see.

This time it was the first time I was abroad since IMA died… friends have already told me that the first year of mourning is extremely difficult since there are many "first events" that you do for the first time without the loved one… indeed IT WAS difficult, the simple fact that I could not share my experiences – as I always used to – with my mother was very hard for me…

In any case, I decided to visit the famous Cemetery of Montmartre, which I found extremely peaceful and aesthetic. At a certain point a cat caught my eye since he was sitting calmly among the graves…

Of course, you cannot avoid thinking about your own death, that shall come one day and seize you from the world of the living; and, subsequently, about your present life, and whether you are living it in a worthful and meaningful manner…

In the material modern world of today, which is full of noise and constant interruptions, I would recommend everyone to invest the time for going for a peaceful walk in a cemetery…

No comments: